Steel City is going on tour!
Normally in early October we’d be organising our annual bash at Kelham Island Museum featuring real ales and other craft beers, real cider and perry, street food, live music and more, Unfortunately due to uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus situation we’ve not been able to do that so are taking the event on tour around Sheffield pubs and breweries instead!
From Thursday 7 to Sunday 10 October numerous pubs, bars, breweries and tap room will be running special events – this may be an increased beer range, a tap takeover, brewery tour, live music, quiz or something else above and beyond the usual.
You are encouraged to get out and about around Sheffield that week visiting some of the participating venues and enjoy the different locations, beers, food and entertainment on offer and perhaps try something or somewhere new.
All the locations are easily reached by public transport and unlimited travel passes for buses and trams are available.
You can check out the map of nearly 40 pubs, bars and breweries that are currently due to part at some point over the four days of the festival. More details will be added in the coming weeks.
Note some of the brewery events will be hosted at pubs rather than the brewery itself.
Details of the cask and KeyKeg beers, ciders, tap takeovers, music and other events will be available here nearer the time.
The transport corridors radiating out of the City Centre make some convenient hop-on-hop-off tours between venues, the key ones are:
- TOUR A: Abbeydale Road and Heeley (Bear, Two Thirds Beer Co, Wagon & Horses, Sheaf View, White Lion)
- TOUR B: Ecclesall Road and Fulwood (Portland House, Ecclesall Ale Club, Beer House, Rising Sun)
- TOUR C: Broomhill, Crookes and Walkley (Itchy Pig, Old Grindstone, Punchbowl, Raven Inn, Blake Hotel)
- TOUR D: City Centre & Attercliffe (St Mars of the Desert, Dorothy Pax, Sheffield Tap, Rutland Arms, Triple Point, Industry Tap, Old House, Red Deer)
- TOUR E: Kelham Island & Neepsend (Perch, Crow Inn, Shakespeares, Bar Stewards, Kelham Island Tavern, Fat Cat, Millowners Arms, Riverside, Sheffield Brewery Co, Gardeners Rest, Forest, Heist, Wellington)
- TOUR F: Wisewood, Loxley & Bradfield (Wisewood Inn, Bradfield Brewery)
Of course you are free to do whichever venues you feel like and plan your own unique tour!
Bus and tram network maps and timetables are available from Travel South Yorkshire. Unlimited travel passes are available from TravelMaster. For live bus information from your nearest stop including the bus tracking map visit bustimes.org.
All the participating venues are chipping in towards the cost of jointly promoting this Sheffield wide event along with sponsors Arnold Laver. Any surplus funds in the pot will be donated to the Sheffield Children‘s Hospital Charity and if you enjoy the event you may also wish to make a donation yourself.