Based on Dave’s recently published history of the brewery, we recently gave a presentation at Bassetlaw Museum (Retford). We were billed to provide a one hour talk: starting at 13:30, the presentation finished at 14:30. Then the questions and comments came … so much so, that a follow-up ‘show and tell’ is set for July.
The WRB was taken over by Tennants in 1958 and demolished in 1962. Photographs provide an indication of the sheer size of the operation. Ornate wrought iron gates opened out onto a large eye-catching and decorative five storey building, built from bricks of different colour in a style in favour at the time. There is obviously a lot of archive material, memories and anecdotes out there. We want to ensure that it is not forgotten.
If you have any memories or artefacts from the WRB, please feel free to join us at Bassetlaw Museum at 10:30 on Saturday 19th.July. The aim is to finish by 12:30 and then adjourn to the Beer Festival at Worksop Rugby Club. The associated book is available from Amazon Kindle: http://tinyurl.com/ptakjfm or search using: Worksop Brewery.