The normal beer festival at Abbeydale Picture House has been unable to happen this year due to Covid, but the Festival trail is here over the weekend of 6 to 8 August. Here is our mini-guide to the venues taking part.
The Indie Beer Feast Festival Trail Facebook event has the latest information.
There are some discount deals on public transport passes at the moment, for example a Citywide pass for all day unlimited travel on any bus or tram in Sheffield costs £3.80 (normally £5.10). More information about this can be found on the Travelmaster ticket website whilst timetables and maps are available from Travel South Yorkshire.
- Bar Stewards get there on buses 57, 81, 82, 86 or Shalesmoor tram stop is a short walk away
- Brewery of St Mars of the Desert buses 9, 9a,52, 52a stop at the end of the road or Attercliffe tram stop is a short walk away.
- Crow Inn get there on bus 135, alternatively buses 57, 81, 82 and 86 stop close by or Cathedral tram stop is a short walk away.
- Hop Hideout Castle Square tram stop is close by or numerous City Centre bus services will get you there.
- Kelham Island Tavern buses 57, 81, 82, 86 stop close by or Shalesmoor tram stop is a short walk away
- Rutland Arms numerous City Centre buses stop nearby, closest tram stop is Sheffield Station.
- Shakespeare’s get there on buses 57, 81, 82, 86 or Shalesmoor tram stop is a short walk away
- Neptune Enzili Pale Ale 4%
- Neptune Galene Session IPA 4.3%
- Neptune Mosaic Pale Ale 4.5%
- Neptune Nelson Sails Again NZ Pale 4.5%
- Neptune Camulos Belgian Dubbel 6.9%
- Torrside If You Build It oak smoked Pale 4%
- Torrside Slice of Heaven NZ IPA 6.2%
- Torrside Valour 1917 Imperial Stout 7.7%
- Neptune River Runs Free Pale Ale 4.5%
- Neptune Ostara Currant Bun Saison 5.6%
- Torrside Franconia Smoked Beer 5.2%
- Zero Ducks Raspberry IPA 6.2%
AT BAR STEWARDS
- Abbeydale DRY HOPPED Heathen 4.1% American Pale Ale which has been dry hopped in the cask with extra Mosaic for an extra hoppy kick!
- Abbeydale Double Deception 8.2% Nelson Sauvin DIPA on CASK! An extra special beer to celebrate Abbeydale’s 25th birthday and we’ve only gone and got some on cask
- Abbeydale Celebration 2.8% Mimosa Quarter IPA. To balance out the craziness of that DIPA we’ve got a nice sessionable fruity small IPA, an equally celebratory beer but at a lower ABV.
- Abbeydale Wanderer 6.0% Outlaws IPA. A lovely Willamette and Nelson Sauvin IPA, a crispier take on the New England IPA.
- PLUS – beers from Lost Industry and Turning Point.
AT HOP HIDEOUT (INCLUDES CIDER TOO!)
At Hop Hideout we’ll be pouring @rockleopardbrewing@pomonaislandbrew @wildernessbrew @rosscider @hoganscider (bottle only)Each day Jules will be hosting a short mini-tasting, limited samples, once they’re gone they’re gone! Head to the counter:Fri 6th 1pm Rock Leopard Sat 7th 1pm Hogans / Pomona Island 4pmSun 8th 1pm Wilderness / 4pm Ross
AT KELHAM ISLAND TAVERN
AT RUTLAND ARMS
AT THE CROW INN
- Duration: Shifting Bassline – 5.0% Mosaic pale
- Duration/ Beak: Sail – 4.2% Cellared saision
- Duration/ DEYA: Crocs in the Coolship – 5.7% Coolship wit
- Mobberley: Summer IPA – 6.0% IPA with Citra and Mosaic
- Mobberley: Circuit Breaker – 10.5% Imperial Stout
- Mobberley: Elysium – 4.7% Session IPA.
- Black Iris: Divine Elements – 6.0% IPA.
- Black Iris: Stab in the Dark – 5.0% New Zealand stout