Our annual competition sees all the pubs that have won a Pub of the Month award over the past year along with those pubs awarded a place in the current Good Beer Guide put out for our members to vote for their favourites. The best two in each region of our branch area then get subjectively judged to pick regional and overall winners – and here they are!
- Sheffield Kelham Island – Kelham Island Tavern
- Sheffield City Centre – Sheffield Tap
- North Sheffield – Gardeners Rest, Neepsend
- East Sheffield – Chantry Inn, Handsworth
- South Sheffield – Sheaf View, Heeley
- West Sheffield – Rising Sun, Nether Green
- District (Derbyshire) – Red Lion, Litton
Overall winner: Kelham Island Tavern
- Second place was Sheffield Tap
- Third place was Chantry Inn
The Kelham Island Tavern has now been put forward into the Yorkshire entry round of the national competition whilst the Red Lion has been put forward into the North Derbyshire entry round.
Cider Pub of the Year
This is a separate competition, the winner is selected from member nominations by a vote at the March branch meeting and recognises venues offering and championing proper cider. The winner this year is the Cider Hole. This has now been put forward into the Yorkshire entry round of the national competition.
Congratulations to all the winners, we’ll be arranging presentation events at all the pubs over the coming months, keep an eye out for features in Beer Matters magazine and on our website with more about them!