The Blue Ball (Haggstones Road, Worrall, S35 0PD) is believed to have been originally three cottages which were connected at some time to make bigger premises. There is no documented date of origin although it was registered as a public house in the Sheffield Directory in 1825. At one time it was a coaching inn with stabling. The name changed from ‘The Ball’ in 1854.
There is a central bar with three rooms off. A 1930’s refitting has left bench seating in all rooms and ‘Tennants’ windows. The Smoke Room pre-dates this refitting with quality 1930s (or possibly older) seating and some parquet flooring. The Public Bar (left) has an inter-war graced counter to bar and 1960s timbering. There are also a considerable number of Tennants windows remaining.
Dave Pickersgill & Mick Slaughter