The government have announced that a second national Coronavirus lockdown, where you are asked to stay home as much as possible, will be in force from 5 November until at least 2 December.
Non essential retail and leisure will be closed down for the duration, which of course means pubs and bars will be closed for eating and drinking on the premises.
As a food and drink retailer, pubs will be allowed to do takeaway sales and home delivery (the same as supermarkets etc.) like in the first lockdown, however this time there is a requirement that all sales must be ordered ahead either online or by phone.
If your local pubs aren’t offering take home beer sales, it however doesn’t mean you are limited to what the supermarket chains have to offer – don’t forget you can get an interesting selection of quality beers including some from local breweries from the various independent specialist beer shops around our area or alternatively many brewers offer home delivery on bottles, cans, bag-in-box and mini-kegs!
Scroll down for the list of pubs and bars we are aware of still open for take home orders or use the link below for breweries offering home delivery.
Pubs and bars open for food and drink takeaway/home delivery:
Use the links below to visit the pub’s WhatPub page where you’ll find links to their social media or website to find out more information about opening hours, how to order and collection/delivery options.
- Oxbow, Woodhouse Mill
- Two Thirds Beer Co, Abbeydale
- Castle Inn, Bradway
- Swan, Ridgeway
- Red Deer, City Centre
- Itchy Pig Alehouse, Broomhill
- Shoulder of Mutton, Worrall
- Pour, Heeley
- Broadfield, Abbeydale
- Kommune / Hop Hideout
- Picture House Social, Abbeydale
- Harlequin, Kelham Island
- Cricket Inn, Totley
- Fulwood Ale Club, Fulwood
- Ecclesall Ale Club, Sharrow
- Industry Tap, City Centre
- Bar Stewards, Kelham Island
- Triple Point Brewery & Bar, City Centre
- Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow
- Cross Scythes, Totley
- Dead Donkey Bar, Nether Edge
- Away We Go Cafe, Millhouses
- Millowners Arms, Kelham Island
- Fat Cat, Kelham Island
- Dog & Partridge, City Centre
- Underdog, Dronfield
- Beer Stop, Dronfield
- Hyde Park Inn, Hill Top
- Wagon & Horses, Millhouses
- White Swan, Dronfield
- Nottingham House, Broomhill
- Malin Bridge Inn, Malin Bridge
- Walkley Beer Company, Walkley
- Two Sheds, Crookes
- Archer Road Beer Stop, Millhouses
- Old Hall Hotel, Hope
- Gardeners Rest, Neepsend (from 13th November)
- Bar Kelham, Kelham Island
- Closed Shop, Commonside (from 12th November)
- Horse & Jockey, Wadsley
If you are aware of a venue that is doing take home orders that isn’t on the list, please post a comment below and we’ll add them to the list where appropriate.