Looking forward to going back to the pub as they gradually start to reopen from 4th July?
Things will be a little different whilst Covid-19 safety rules are in force, below is CAMRA’s guide to the new way of pubgoing.
Check out whatpub.com for all the information we have about which pubs are reopening and when. Links are also provided to the pub’s website and social media for more details.
If you are using public transport to get to the pub, check out the Travel South Yorkshire website for current timetables and social distancing arrangements and don’t forget your face covering!
So how do things work now?
As each pub, bar and food hall are unique and different, there are some differences in the way they are doing things but all the basics are the same in line with government Covid-Safe guidelines:
- When you arrive you will normally be greeted by a member of staff who will take your NHS Test & Trace contact details, ask you to sanitise your hands and show you to a table. Some venues may require you to book a table in advance, some are walk-in and some a mixture of both.
- You must have a table, standing in pubs to drink is no longer permitted and unfortunately once all tables are taken no more customers are allowed in.
- Some pubs now operate table service (how civilised!) whilst others still offer the traditional bar counter service. If ordering at a bar you are asked to go up one person at a time and to order at the area with safety screens, returning to your table once served. You are asked where possible to look at beer lists either printed or online rather than perusing pump clips at the bar.
- A maximum of two households may sit together indoors whilst outdoors up to 6 people may sit together.
- Social distancing arrangements may be in place such as one way systems, separate entrances and exits and limitations of the numbers in the toilets at any one time.
- Contactless card payments are preferred in venues that accept them as this reduces the risk of Coronavirus being spread through cash handling. Some venues are taking orders and payments online either via a website or an app.
- You are asked not to move furniture around as the positions are all measured out to comply with social distancing rules.